Enriching and memorable camp experiencesCamp Heritage, located at and operated by CCBC Catonsville and licensed by the Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, is designed for children who will have completed kindergarten through fifth grade. Children who have completed sixth grade and seventh grade are eligible to be selected to participate in our counselor-in-training program. The children are grouped according to their grade completed, with daily group sizes of between 24 and 32 campers.
Camp Heritage Operational Message – Tuesday, February 8, 2022
First, on behalf of CCBC and Camp Heritage, I would like to thank our camp community for your continued patience and support. At this time, I am pleased and excited to announce the return of Camp Heritage for the 2022 season. We have already begun planning for a more normal camp experience this summer at 75% capacity or 168 daily campers. Specifically, here are some highlights for our program that will run June 20 – August 12, 2022:
- We launched registration by electronically emailing the brochure to 2019-2021 registrants on Monday, February 7, 2022. Download the 2022 Camp Heritage brochure and application.
- Our CCBC pool and locker rooms will be open for traditional camp use.
- We will again offer two four-week sessions; flexible any full six and seven week options; and all eight-week enrollment.
- Extended care will again be available from 7:30- 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 – 5:45 p.m.
- We strongly encourage full vaccination for camp participants. We will not be requiring COVID vaccinations or testing nor conduct COVID-19 testing for campers, counselors-in training, or volunteers.
- A CCBC mandate in effect since October 29, 2021 requires all camp employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Surveillance testing for COVID-19 is not required for any category of vaccinated CCBC employees.
- Despite responding to the current labor market in a manner designed to retain and recruit the dedicated staff that are the lifeblood of our program, camp tuition and fees have increased just 8% from our planned 2020 season two years ago.
- We are very optimistic and hopeful for a required minimum enrollment of 126 registrants.
- Registration questions can be directed to Terri Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org or 443.840.4197.
Brian R. Farrell (email@example.com)
Operator, Camp Heritage
Director of College Athletics
The Camp Heritage Experience
The curriculum was created to immerse children in a wide variety of programs that provide an enriching and memorable camp experiences. The programs include swimming, art, performing and creating, nature and the environment, sports and games, discovery time, table games, and special events. Each program focuses on activities that encourage children to explore their potential, build relationships, and develop self confidence. Please review the camp programming and all registrant materials carefully as CCBC is unable to fundamentally change the nature of the program to meet individual camper needs or provide child watching services. The camp has two 4-week sessions but also offers flexible six and seven full-week options.
Location and facilities
Camp Heritage is located at CCBC Catonsville
- An indoor swimming pool in the Jack Manley Wellness and Athletics Center.
- Air-conditioned activity rooms and classrooms in the BARN Building, Health Careers and Technology (HTECH) Building, Student Services (SSRV) Building and the Jack Manley Wellness and Athletics Center (WELL - gym).
- A spacious multi-purpose gymnasium.
- Three outdoor playing fields.