First-Year Experience: Summer Bridge ProgramAcademically and financially supporting first-year students in their quest for college completion!
The program includes two core components:
- A Summer Academic Development 101 Course (Required for Graduation).
- Co-curricular Engagement (Out-of-Classroom Experiences).
Students can expect the following outcomes from their participation:
- Students will complete their first college course (summer ACDV 101).
- Students will feel more confident in their ability to successfully re-enroll in courses at CCBC.
- Students will be able to identify campus offices and/or representatives who can assist them in their college endeavors.
What are the requirements?
- Have a completed CCBC admissions application on file for Summer 2022
- Agree to participate in a remote summer section of ACDV 101 from July 11 to July 22, 2022
- Classes will meet virtually Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
- Agree to participate in remote out-of-classroom experiences over the summer
- Virtual Team Building: Monday, July 11
- Leadership Development Workshop: Extended Class Time on Thursday, July 14
- Service Project/Reflection: Extended Class Time on Tuesday, July 19
- Class Celebration: Extended Final Class Meeting until 1:30 p.m. on Friday, July 22
- Agree to participate in New Student Orientation (NSO): Select an August Date from the NSO Schedule
- Agree to participate in mentoring sessions throughout the fall and spring semesters
- Monthly One-on-One Mentoring Sessions with a CCBC FYE Summer Bridge Retention Specialist
Summer Bridge Scholarships
Students who successfully complete the summer program will be eligible for additional CCBC FYE scholarship money if they meet other program requirements throughout their first academic year.
Get started now! Print and complete the Summer Bridge Interest Form or submit your online interest form via our Microsoft Form!