Book CreditIf you have any financial aid available after your tuition and fees charges are applied, you may have credit available at the bookstore.
The bookstore credit begin and end dates can be found in the Financial Aid Calendar. You can view your bookstore availability through your CCBC OneCard, during the bookstore credit period.
Follow these instructions to view available book credits:
- Access CCBC OneCard
- Login using your CCBC username and password (myCCBC, SIMON, email, and Brightspace credentials)
- After logging in, click on the Financial tab
- Click on Balances
- Under Balances, FA Book Credit with a Limit and Amount column should be listed.
- If the amount is $0, you do not have a book credit available to you. At that time, you may contact Financial Aid with any questions.
- When visiting the Bookstore during the book credit period, bring your photo ID or CCBC ID
- If you need additional funds above the authorized limit (including a laptop), please provide documentation to the Financial Aid Office. If your books are not available by the last day of the book credit period, you may contact the Bookstore manager and pay for the book using your book credit. When the book arrives, you may show your receipt and pick up your book.
- Once the bookstore credit period begins, you can view your balance and bookstore charges in your CCBC OneCard account.
- Be aware of the Bookstore refund policy. If you drop your classes, and you use your bookstore credit, you will still be responsible for those charges. In addition, Barnes and Noble has a fair pricing policy.
Book credit calculation:
|Book Credit Amounts
|12 or more
|Up to $715
|Up to $605
|Up to $500
|Up to $275
Emergency Book Fund
The Emergency Book Fund is available to students depending on fund availability for the fall and spring semesters. These funds are intended for students with an unforeseen circumstance, to be determined on a case-by-case basis. The application is available during the financial aid book credit period while funds are available. Students who are aid suspended are not eligible.
Students can apply by following these steps:
- Apply through AcademicWorks with your CCBC username and password
- Complete the General Application (if you have not done so already)
- Search for 'Emergency Book' in the search bar and complete the application questions (Note: if you do not see the Emergency Book option, all funds have been awarded for the semester)
- Upload the canceled/voided receipt from the CCBC Barnes and Noble Bookstore