Do you meet the qualifications for the Maryland Dream Act?As an open-door admissions institution, CCBC grants admission to all students regardless of immigration status.
How to Apply
Determine if you meet the Dream Act eligibility criteria
- I attended a public or non-public high school in Maryland.
- I graduated from a public or non-public high school in Maryland or received a Maryland GED or equivalent.
- I am registering for classes at CCBC within six years after graduating from a public or private high school or earning a Maryland GED certificate or equivalent.
- I, or my parent(s) or legal guardian have filed Maryland income tax returns annually for the 3-year period before the academic year in which the tuition rate exemption should apply.
- I will continue to submit proof of Maryland income tax filings to the International Student Services Office before May 1 each year that I am enrolled at CCBC (copy of Maryland tax return from the comptroller of Maryland Office is required). For more information, visit marylandtaxes.gov.
- I will submit the following:
- An official final Maryland high school transcript OR copy of the Maryland high school diploma OR GED certificate or equivalent.
- Photo identification.
- I will file an application to become a permanent resident within 30 days after becoming eligible to do so.
- I have registered with the Selective Service System and provided a copy of the registration acknowledgment card from the Selective Services System. (This applies to males 18-25 years of age. Register at www.sss.gov).
Submit the application
- Complete the Application for Out-of-State Tuition Exemption for Undocumented Students.
- Obtain copies of the following required documentation:
- Photo identification
- Proof of registration for Selective Service (males only)
- Original Maryland high school transcript
- Original Maryland high school diploma, GED certificate or equivalent
- Three most recent years of Maryland state tax returns
- Submit application and documentation to the International Student Services office by mail or email.
International Student ServicesStudent Services Center, room 015800 South Rolling RoadBaltimore, Maryland 21228
CCBC EssexInternational Student ServicesStudent Services Center, room 120A7201 Rossville BoulevardBaltimore, Maryland 21237
The application package will be reviewed within 14 days of receipt by CCBC.
The eligibility requirements, standards and processes for the Maryland Dream Act are different from those of the Deferred Action (DACA). Students can receive either the Dream Act or DACA tuition exemptions, but not both.
College Promise Scholarships
College-ready, recent high school graduates can attend CCBC full time without the cost of tuition and fees.Learn more »