Advanced Leadership Skills, Continuing Education Workforce Certificate
Effective leaders are required to work seamlessly up, down, and across organizations, equipped with the skills to influence and finesse the work environment. Empowering, inspiring, and motivating staff, communicating clearly, negotiating effectively, developing and leading strong teams, regardless of the organization type, are among the key attributes of successful leaders.
This program features courses that focus on key skills that are used by leaders on a regular basis to lead staff in an organization, including coaching, critical thinking, leading high performing teams, servant leadership, decision making, managing conflict, negotiation skills, and succession planning. Students will be better prepared to effectively lead others in a variety of business settings, as the classes teach concepts as well as employ activities to reinforce the learning.
Students entering this program should possess good planning and organizational skills, strong oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to build trust and relationships.
Careers in this field are available in a broad range of privately held companies, government agencies, and nonprofit organizations. Additional career information may be found in Career Coach: https://ccbcmd.emsicc.com/.
Upon successful completion of this Continuing Education Workforce Certificate, students will be able to:
- expand ability to function effectively and manage and influence employees;
- identify and develop leadership skills necessary to excel in current and future roles;
- expand and diversify knowledge and skills necessary to lead staff;
- develop confidence to set and meet personal and professional goals; and
- assume responsibility for continued professional and personal development through continuing education.