Cybersecurity Certificate, Credit Certificate
This program is designed to provide the knowledge and skills needed to analyze security vulnerabilities, create a comprehensive incident-response plan, and implement the equipment, policies, and procedures that protect a network and its related resources from unauthorized intrusion, information damage, or theft. Behaving ethically, writing policies and procedures, security operating systems, installing and administering contemporary intrusion detection systems and firewalls, implementing network defenses and countermeasures, responding to intrusions, and utilizing system-wide, multi-layered, compliance-based approaches are emphasized.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Apply best practices in the field of cybersecurity through implementation of CIA (Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability);
- identify and mitigate security threats;
- demonstrate how Python programming can be used in cybersecurity functions;
- configure and troubleshoot using system tools to secure the Linux operating system;
- configure and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices for LAN (Local Area Network), WAN (Wide Area Network) and WLAN (Wireless Local Area Network) networks;
- perform various scenario-based network and hosts attacks using penetration tools;
- construct mitigation strategies for various types of attacks;
- analyze and implement risk management and security policies; and
- apply ethical behavior appropriate to security-related technologies.