Digital Media Production Certificate, Credit Certificate
This program is designed for students interested in continuing their studies in digital media production to acquire the necessary skills for a job or articulate into a four-year media program. It particularly prepares students who are currently working in the industry for job advancement by allowing students to update or expand their digital media expertise. As more and more industries ask employees to be digital natives, this program supports employees and individuals coming from traditional and print-based media to transition into the digital media environment. Students gain hands-on experience by creating digital media projects and a web portfolio using the latest camera, lighting, audio, and editing technologies.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- apply basic digital media production skills;
- employ problem-solving skills to provide solutions for media productions;
- practice project management and fiscal responsibility for media productions;
- facilitate the use of technology for media production collaboration and management; and
- create media content for a diverse range of clients or industries using many different modalities.