Behavioral Health Counseling Trainee Certificate, Credit Certificate
The Behavioral Health Counselor Trainee Certificate is designed for entry-level students interested in the field of Behavioral Health Counseling. This certificate provides students with the necessary credits to apply for Counselor Trainee status with the Maryland Board of Professional Counselors and Therapists. This 18-credit program can be completed in a relatively short period of time, and students often earn this certificate along the path to pursuing the A.A.S. degree in Human Services Counseling.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- utilize a variety of counseling skills and abilities to function effectively as counselors in a variety of settings;
- assess and document a client's current status and apply basic therapeutic techniques;
- develop, prioritize, and implement a plan to address a client's presenting problem;
- conduct themselves professionally and ethically as counselors in culturally-diverse settings; and,
- express themselves professionally, both verbally and in writing, to a variety of audiences, including clients, other professionals, and external monitoring agencies.