CNC Machinist Certificate, Credit Certificate
This certificate is designed to prepare students for employment as a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machine operator, machinist, and/or a set-up person. This certificate will be awarded to students who complete the requirements with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as prerequisites are met.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- operate manual mills and lathes;
- design basic parts to be manufactured;
- inspect parts produced on the machine tools;
- create basic programs for the CNC Machining Centers and CNC Lathes; and
- setup and operate both the CNC Machining Centers and CNC Lathes.