Manual Machinist Certificate, Credit Certificate
This certificate prepares students for entry-level employment as a manual mill and/or manual lathe operator. This certificate will be awarded to students who complete the requirements with a 2.0 GPA or higher. Courses may be taken in any sequence as long as prerequisites are met.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- operate manual mills and lathes;
- setup manual mills and lathes for operation;
- properly apply speeds and feeds for various cutting tools;
- create products to print specifications; and
- have the opportunity to receive NIMS certification.