Volunteer with the Center for Adult and Family LiteracyVolunteers in Partnership (VIP) is committed to providing support for the students and instructors of the Center for Adult and Family Literacy through classroom and individual academic assistance that enhances academic competence, self-confidence, workforce proficiency, and self-discovery.
Volunteers complete six hours of initial training where they learn literacy tutoring best practices and strategies for classroom instruction including:
- Training in adult literacy tutoring best practices
- Samples of worksheets and activities used in the classroom
- Valuable insight from current adult literacy instructors and volunteers
Membership in VIP also provides the following opportunities:
- Ongoing professional development according to the need
- Exploration of whether future teaching in adult literacy is right for you
- Participation in classes that make a difference in the lives of members of undeserved populations
- Real contributions to the Baltimore County community
For more information and to register for an upcoming training, contact Ellen Beattie at 443.840.3933 or firstname.lastname@example.org.