Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM)CCBC has a comprehensive STEM initiative that includes job preparedness and career service strategies for STEM business sectors.
CCBC STEM Initiatives:
STEM Core is a program supported by National Science Foundation (NSF) that provides an opportunity to get to or through Calculus I in one year through accelerated math courses, as well as wrap around student support, and help with locating internships. Learn more »
For more information on STEM Core and the MASS program, email STEMcore@ccbcmd.edu.
The following are only some of the scholarships available to CCBC STEM majors:
- Math Acceleration for STEM Students
- Laura LeMire Scholarship
Bridges Programs and Internships
There is currently one Bridges program to which CCBC is connected.
- The UMBC Bridges program provides students with a 6-8 week internship at UMBC with UMBC faculty during the summer. The application is competitive and the process starts in late January, early February. For more information, contact Dr. Gwen Gilinger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer REU Behave InternshipThe Biological Basis of Behavior
2021 Program Dates: June 1 – August 6
Considering a scientific career? Our NSF REU is for you! Conduct mentored research at Johns Hopkins and receive in depth scientific training and professional development. This program will run whether in person or remotely.
- Neural basis for learning in mice.
- Acoustic communication and sensory integration in bats.
- Development of human infant cognition.
- Auditory processing of primate communication.
- Social learning in primates.
- Neural circuits for decision making in mice.
- Neural circuits for touch perception.
Applications close on February 15, 2021.
Planning to Transfer?
CCBC also provides services that help students planning to transfer. The UMBC transfer site, T-STEM, provides transfer links and advice for students transferring to UMBC. More information on transfer can be found on the school sites, School of Mathematics and Science and School of Business, Technology and Law.