Education Pathway ProgramsThe Education Pathway focuses on career training for students interested in entering the workforce after graduation in the field of education.
While the primary focus of the programs in the Pathway is career training, the majors in the Pathway also transfer to four-year institutions for further study. In supporting our students’ desire for additional training and education, the programs in the Education Pathway have numerous articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities throughout Maryland and out of state.
Questions? Contact us at EducationPathway@ccbcmd.edu.
Continuing Education Workforce Training Certificate
Associate of Arts
The degree programs in Teacher Education prepare students to enter the teaching profession. The programs have been developed to meet the specific transfer and career goals of all students, whether students are just beginning a degree, currently working in the education field, or hold a bachelor's degree and are seeking certification in the State of Maryland.
The Teacher Education Program offers the Associate of Arts in Teaching (A.A.T.) degree that provides a guaranteed path for students seeking a seamless transfer to Maryland four-year public, independent, and most private institutions in the teacher education major.
The Teacher Education Program also offers the Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree in Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary, and Special Education and the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Early Childhood Development. The A.A.S. degree prepares students for immediate employment in early childhood settings with opportunities to direct and work in licensed child care programs, Head Start and other early learning environments.
Associate of Arts
- Teacher Education (Early Childhood Education Option)
- Teacher Education (Elementary Education Option)
- Teacher Education (Secondary Education Option)
- Teacher Education (Special Education Option)
- Early Childhood Education/Early Childhood Special Education
- Elementary Education/Elementary Special Education
- Secondary Education: Chemistry
- Secondary Education: English
- Secondary Education: Mathematics
- Secondary Education: Physics
- Secondary Education: Spanish
Not the right fit? Explore other pathways:
- Criminal Justice and Law
- Health Professions
- Mathematics and Science
- Social Sciences
- Technology and Engineering