Allied HealthBuild on your health care certifications to obtain a degree.
Students that complete the Surgical Technology, Pharmacy Technology, Sleep Technology or Medical Coding certificates can convert the classroom and clinical hours of the certificate into credit hours. These hours combined with general education requirements and electives make up the 60 credit hours needed for an A.A.S. degree.
Interested students are encouraged to contact the Allied Health Coordinator at any time with questions about pursuing this degree option. Once the Continuing Education certificate is complete, the student is advised how to take the next steps to complete the degree.
ProgramAssociate of Applied Science
How to begin the Allied Health degree option
- While enrolled in the last session of certificate coursework or at completion of coursework, contact Program Coordinator, Susan Landry.
- Submit Official Transcripts from other institutions, to CCBC Registrar's Office so that any previous coursework can be evaluated for transfer into CCBC towards the A.A.S. degree.
- Bring your certificate to a brief meeting with the Program Coordinator to have your certificate validated as Prior Learning.
- Complete and submit to the Registrar's Office, the Change of Information form to reflect your credit coursework and new Allied Health major.
- Meet with an Academic Advisor to determine if placement testing is required to register for classes.
- Register for classes.
- Meet with Financial Aid for help for paying for credit classes.