Apply to the EMT ProgramWe appreciate your interest in the Emergency Medical Technology program at CCBC and want to make certain that you are successful.
The Emergency Medical Technology (Paramedic) program is a selective admissions program. Although the Community College of Baltimore County has an open door policy for general admission, enrollment in the School of Health Professions programs is competitive.
CAS Checklist for Emergency Medical Technology
Step 1 - Prepare to Apply
- If you are interested in taking EMST 105. Do not proceed here. EMST 105 is an open registration course. You may register online or with the registrar’s office.
Collect pertinent materials like unofficial transcripts for all US college-level coursework and testing completed. Use these to help you complete the application.
CLEP, AP and non-US college transcript evaluations (AACRAO, WES etc.) should be sent directly to CCBC’s School of Health Professions (SHP) Admission Office.
Ask professors, mentors, co-workers or employers to be your reference. Collect their email address for submission in the CCBC CAS.
Write a personal statement.
Step 2 - Complete CCBC CAS Application
If you applied using the SHP CAS System before, then login and verify that all areas are correct. If you have taken additional courses, you must add them and send an official transcript showing the completed or in-progress courses.
Once all sections of the application have a green check mark, you will be able to pay the $50 non-refundable application fee. It is better to submit the application at least a month before the application deadline.
- June 1 for Fall start
Step 3 - Transcripts
Upload your un-official U.S. college transcripts to CCBC CAS. All official transcripts must be received by the CCBC Registrar's Office to obtain transfer of credit.
CLEP and AP scores should be sent to the School of Health Professions Admission Office for admission use.
Step 4 - Upload to CCBC CAS
- Valid EMT or CRT-I certificate AHA
- BLS for HCP certificate, if applicable
Step 5 - Evaluations
Step 6 - Supplemental Information
- After you have completed the CCBC CAS application and are verified by the CAS, CCBC will email you directions to complete the supplemental information application only if applicable.
- There is no fee associated with the supplemental information application.