Transfer of Credits for General Education Coursework

The OTA program mandates that all general education and program requirement coursework must be completed with a "C" or better in order to be transferred and credited. If a student earns a grade below a "C" in any of these courses the student will need to repeat the course before applying to the OTA program. This policy holds true for coursework completed either at the Community College of Baltimore County or completed at another institution.

Transfer credits from another Occupational Therapy Assistant Program

On occasion a student from either an Occupational Therapy program or another Occupational Therapy Assistant program requests a transfer into the CCBC Occupational Therapy Assistant program. The Occupational Therapy Assistant program director will meet with each student and review coursework to determine transfer ability into this program. However, any coursework which involves Level I fieldwork (physical dysfunction, psycho-social dysfunction, geriatrics and pediatrics, at minimum) must be repeated in its entirety in the CCBC Occupational Therapy Assistant program. This is to ensure that the transfer student is a safe practitioner, understands and can function in the role of an occupational therapy assistant in the Baltimore-Washington D.C. area.