CCBC and UMBC Transfer Agreements
About UMBCUMBC is a dynamic public research university integrating teaching, research and service to benefit the citizens of Maryland. As an Honors University, the campus offers academically talented students a strong undergraduate liberal arts foundation that prepares them for graduate and professional study, entry into the workforce, and community service and leadership. UMBC emphasizes science, engineering, information technology, human services and public policy at the graduate level. UMBC contributes to the economic development of the State and the region through entrepreneurial initiatives, workforce training, K-16 partnerships, and technology commercialization in collaboration with public agencies and the corporate community. UMBC is dedicated to cultural and ethnic diversity, social responsibility and lifelong learning.
UMBC offers 48 majors, 38 minors and 25 certificate programs spanning the arts, engineering and information technology, humanities, sciences, pre-professional studies and social sciences — and often crossing disciplines in creative ways to create exciting new opportunities for research and learning. Our faculty are experienced scholars and dynamic teachers. Students find a wide range of offerings at the most advanced levels using the newest technology available anywhere.
Transfer PartnershipsTransfer Alliance
The Transfer Student Alliance (TSA) is a member benefit program for students intending to complete an associate degree at CCBC prior to transferring to UMBC.
|UMBC Benefit||GPA requirement|
Before transfer, students receive:
After transfer, eligible students are guaranteed:
|GPA of a 3.0 or better.
Candidates who are eligible for transfer if they have completed between 12 and 35 credits and earned a grade of “B” or better.
Courses used to fulfill only general education requirements are eligible for transfer if a student has earned a grade of “C” or better.
Transfer students from the CCBC Honors Program are guaranteed admissions to The Honors College at UMBC during their first semester at UMBC, provided the student has met the following criteria:
- Applied to UMBC by the published priority deadline.
- Admitted to UMBC as a degree seeking student.
- Applied to the Honors College by the published deadline.
- Confirmation is received by UMBC, prior to matriculation at UMBC, that the student has met the requirements of the CCBC Honors Program.
- Completed a certificate and/or associates degree from CCBC prior to enrollment at UMBC.
- Has earned at least a 3.7 cumulative GPA at the time of the application to The Honors College at UMBC. (Students may be eligible for admission to the Honors College with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater, but only students with a 3.7 cumulative GPA or higher are guaranteed admission to the Honors College.)