Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to learn more about online and onsite testing and assessment options.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
What to know before taking a CCBC course testAppointments are strongly encouraged. There may be up to a one hour to two hour wait during peak periods.
Testing Centers are closed when the college is closed (i.e. scheduled breaks, inclement weather, etc.).
Before scheduling an exam:
- Students must know their CCBC ID number and course information.
- Students are responsible for knowing how much time is required for their exams.
- Exam session will be stopped promptly at the testing center’s posted closing time.
- Student are responsible for knowing what time the testing center closes.
- Students may schedule no more than three exams in one day, but the same exam cannot be scheduled for multiple testing location. Exams for the same course that are scheduled for multiple locations will be canceled.
- If you arrive more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, your appointment will be voided. You will be offered the opportunity to reschedule your appointment or sign up as a walk-in tester.
On the day of your test, you will need:
- Your CCBC student ID number.
- The name of your instructor.
- The name of the course for which you would like to take the test.
- An original, valid photo identification that is not expired and was issued in the United States. The photo ID must include the your printed name, a recognizable photograph and a signature. Receipts or interim documents from Motor Vehicle Administration are not permitted.
Acceptable forms of photo identification
- Driver’s license or permit
- Motor Vehicle issued state ID card
- High school or middle school ID*
- College or university student ID
- Passport or passport card
- Tribal ID card
- Naturalization card or certificate of citizenship
Only people actively taking a test are permitted in the Testing Center. Other people (age 16 and older) accompanying the test taker may wait outside the Testing Center. Children may not be left unattended. View CCBC's policy regarding children of students on campus.