Temporary service adjustments
In alignment with COVID-19 safety precautions, some of the services and information described on this page may have temporarily changed. CCBC students are encouraged to learn more about online and onsite testing and assessment options.
Learn more about CCBC’s response to COVID-19 »
College Credit by ExamIf you would like to have your CLEP or DSST scores accepted by CCBC, make sure the CLEP or DSST subject exam that you are taking is accepted by CCBC. Visit the Prior Learning Assessment page for more information about the credit granting score and equivalent CCBC course.
If CCBC is not your score recipient, visit CLEP’s Getting College Credit site or DSST's Credit-Awarding Institutions site.
- CLEP charges an $87 per test fee.
- Note: The CLEP exam fee will increase to $89 beginning July 1, 2019.
- Latest CLEP fee change updates.
- The CLEP test fee is waived for eligible military personnel and eligible civilian employees of the military. Contact CLEP for more information. CCBC testing locations are military friendly and serve as fully funded test centers.
- DSST charges an $85 per test fee.
- Note: Fees can be changed by the vendor at any time without notice.
CCBC Testing Center
- The CCBC Testing Center administration fee is $40 per exam.
- The CCBC fee for testing may be paid at the time of arranging the appointment via credit card.
- Exam fees are not refundable. If your exam is canceled for any reason, the testing fee can be applied to another test and is valid for up to 90 days from the date of payment.
Schedule an appointment
Most CLEP and DSST exams are 90 minutes in length. It is important that you arrive on time for your appointment.
General Testing Center policies
For CLEP, your CLEP registration ticket. Find out what you need to know for CLEP exam day.
For DSST, please review DSST FAQ's.
An acceptable picture ID that has a printed name and a recognizable photograph. Acceptable forms of photo identification are listed on the CLEP or DSST site.
You are not permitted to use any unauthorized Electronic devices (this includes cell phones, phablets, tablets, cell phone watches, laptops and any other electronic devices). These items must be powered down prior to entering the testing room and remain off during the exam.
Only people actively taking a test are permitted in the Testing Center. Other people (age 16 and older) accompanying the test taker may wait outside the Testing Center. Children may not be left unattended. View CCBC's policy regarding children of students on campus.
Examinees that violate CCBC academic integrity policies or Testing Center policies, will be reported.