Resource Guide

All of the resources listed here are for military-connected students and are provided as a service to support your academic success and well-being.

Frequently asked questions

What resources are available if I feel depressed, stressed, anxiety, anger, irritable, unstable, or another mental health issue?

Where can I find information about all of the benefits that the VA offers military members and their families?

Where can I find information about community organizations specifically for military members and their families?

I’m relocating; what should I do?

To learn more about our flexible deployment and PCS (Permanent Change of Station) policy, please contact CCBC’s VA Certifying Official.

I’ve been reactivated as a service member; what should I do?

To learn more about our flexible deployment and PCS (Permanent Change of Station) policy, please contact CCBC’s VA Certifying Official.

Who do I speak to if I have questions about MyCAA?

CCBC’s VA Certifying Official can guide you through the MyCAA process. Learn more about the MyCAA program »

Can I receive credit for my military training and experience?

At CCBC, you may be eligible to receive up to 75% of the credits needed to complete your degree program using PLA credits! CCBC’s Prior Learning Assessment has information about where to bring your Joint Services Transcript (JST) or your Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript.

Where can I find books and articles about stress, time management, emotional intelligence, college, combat trauma, resumes, career search, transitioning back to civilian life, and other life skills?

What is Academic Development 101? Do I need to take it?

Academic Development 101, also known as ACDV 101, is a one credit course designed for students who are new or returning to college after a significant break. The course is only required under certain circumstances. CCBC has a section of ACDV 101 specifically for our military-connected students. Although many military-connected students will not be required to take ACDV 101, we highly encourage military-connected students to participate in the special section anyway! To determine if you’re required to complete ACDV 101, contact a CCBC academic advisor.

Does CCBC offer any assistance with career planning?

Indeed, we do!

How can I stay up-to-date on what’s going on in CCBC’s Veteran Services?

Where can I get help with my classes?

CCBC offers tutoring, mentorship and other supplemental instruction resources to help students succeed in school.


Stop by the Student Success Center or the Veteran Resource Center for additional information.

I’m struggling to meet my basic needs such as food, housing, or transportation. Where can I get help?

How can I become more involved and interact more with my peers on campus?

Does CCBC offer mentorship programs?

Yes, we offer career mentors, alumni mentors, faculty; staff mentors, and peer mentors! You tell us what level of mentor you’d prefer, and we’ll match you with one! Visit your campus Veteran Resource Center for more information, or learn more about our support programs.

What is the Warrior Scholar Program (WSP)?

The Warrior Scholar Program (WSP) is a veteran-only summer program to enhance writing skills. This is great for veteran students who need to brush up a bit and regain their confidence in writing. Check out Warrior Scholar Program page to learn more about this program and how to apply.


What is the American Corporate Partnership (ACP) mentorship program?

American Corporate Partnership (ACP) offers veterans tools for long-term career development through mentoring, career counseling and networking opportunities. ACP’s Mentoring Program connects veterans with professionals from America’s top Fortune 500 corporations for a year-long mentorship. Veterans are mentored on topics ranging from resume building and interviewing skills to networking and leadership skills—all for free! If you’d like to sign up to receive career mentoring, submit a completed CCBC FERPA form to your campus Veteran Resource Center, and then apply here.

I need my DD 214, can CCBC help?

CCBC’s VITAL Coordinator can help you acquire a copy of your DD-214.

How can I work in the Veteran Resource Center?

The Veteran Services department hires full-time CCBC students participating in VA Work Study Program or Federal Work Study Program.

  1. Complete VA paperwork.
  2. Complete FAFSA.
  3. Contact CCBC’s VA Certifying Official to complete your Work Study paperwork.
  4. Contact Career Services to apply for the open positions in the Veteran Resource Centers.

Can't find what you need here?

You can also visit your nearest Veteran Resource Center to speak with a Veteran Services Staff member, who can help you navigate these and other resources.