Course Level AssessmentA Learning Outcomes Assessment (LOA) Project, as a plan for improving student learning at the course level, begins with measurable statements of what students are expected to know or be able to do upon completion of a course.
LOA Projects proceed in 5 stages:
- LOA Project is proposed by faculty and approved by the Academic Dean and Vice President of Instruction.
- Student performance is assessed and results are reviewed to identify targets for intervention.
- An instructional intervention is designed.
- The intervention is implemented, student performance is assessed, and results are compared to those at Stage 2.
- Faculty submit a summary report to the Academic Dean and Vice President of Instruction.