Attend CCBC tuition-free!
Mar 19, 2018Imagine attending CCBC without the worry of paying tuition. For some students, it could become a reality thanks to the Baltimore County College Promise Program.
Baltimore County Executive Kevin Kamenetz recently announced the Baltimore County College Promise Program -- an initiative that guarantees eligible students can attend CCBC tuition-free. The program covers tuition and mandatory fees for qualifying students to complete an associate degree or workplace credential. Students are required to apply for financial aid and the Baltimore County College Promise Program will cover tuition and fees not covered by financial aid. Students receiving the scholarship will still be responsible for other costs such as books, transportation, supplies and materials. And, the scholarship applies only to the first degree or credential sought.
“The Baltimore County College Promise program is truly something to celebrate,” exclaimed CCBC President Sandra Kurtinitis. “It will increase access to higher education for hard-working students who otherwise might struggle to meet the financial obligation of going to college. Students who receive a Promise scholarship must be college ready, doubling the value of this investment. We are fortunate to have a County Executive who believes in the importance of public higher education and not only ‘talks the talk,’ but ‘walks the walk.’ The Baltimore County College Promise program is an investment in the future of Baltimore County students and our local economy.”
To qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Baltimore County resident
- Must be a recent graduate of a public, parochial or private high school or home school (within past 2 years)
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Must have a high school GPA of 2.5 or better
- Have an adjusted gross income of less than $69,000, which is the median income in Baltimore County.
- Must enroll full-time as a new student to CCBC (“New” includes students who may have earned CCBC or other college credits while in high school)
Check the details and learn more about the Baltimore County College Promise Program today.