Community College of Baltimore County announces 33 faculty promotions for 2016
Aug 25, 2016 | by Jacquie Lucy | 443.840.4668 (office) | 443.761.2482 (cell)Baltimore County, MD – President Sandra L. Kurtinitis of the Community College of Baltimore County announced the promotion of 33 faculty members recently at the college’s annual Fall Focus event. CCBC is a single college with multiple locations (three main campuses and three extension centers) educating nearly 65,000 students annually. As of fall 2015, it employed 1,349 full-time faculty and 1,360 adjunct (part-time) faculty.
This year, CCBC promoted 12 faculty members to the rank of assistant professor, 13 to associate professor and eight to professor, the highest academic rank achievable.
- Ms. Wendy Chin, Catonsville, Md.
- Ms. Mary Jo Clark, Dundalk, Md.
- Ms. Claire Colclough, Catonsville, Md.
- Mr. Brian Comotto, Parkville, Md.
- Ms. Laura Crist, Bel Air, Md.
- Mr. Joseph Eichelberger, Perry Hall, Md.
- Ms. Kayla Ewart, York, PA.
- Ms. Jessica Floyd, Baltimore City, Md.
- Ms. Laura Kimball, Perry Hall, Md.
- Mr. Daniel Lewis, Catonsville, Md.
- Ms. Yvonne Pigatt, Baltimore City, Md.
- Ms. Wendy Whitcomb
- Ms. Melinda Blomquist, Bel Air, Md.
- Mr. Lester Burney, Catonsville, Md.
- Ms. Sarada Conaway, Baltimore City, Md.
- Ms. Adrienne Dougherty, Middle River, Md.
- Ms. Fawcett Dunstan, Elkridge, Md.
- Ms. Susan Fenton, Crownsville, Md.
- Mr. Kyle Goehner, Baltimore City, Md.
- Mr. Theodore McCadden, Stewartstown, Pa.
- Ms. Patricia Nolan, Fallston, Md.
- Mr. Anthony Prescott, Elkridge, Md.
- Ms. Neeraj Sharma, Laurel, Md.
- Mr. Tejan Tingling, Rosedale, Md.
- Ms. Jessica Walton, Baltimore City, Md.
- Dr. Dawn Greeley, Silver Spring, Md.
- Ms. Barbara Hill, Havre de Grace, Md.
- Dr. Kandi Hudson, Parkville, Md.
- Dr. Kim Jensen, Baltimore City, Md.
- Ms. Renuka Kumar, Hunt Valley, Md.
- Mr. William Niebauer, Glen Arm, Md.
- Dr. Anna P. Rogers, Timonium, Md.
- Ms. Encarni Trueba, Fulton, Md.
New Leadership Positions:
Ms. Judith Blum of Annapolis, Md.
Assistant Dean of Instruction, School of Health Professions
Mr. Patrick Kelleher of Columbia, Md. | Director, Planning
Ms. Luba Lebed of Pikesville, Md. | Senior Academic Advisor
Ms. Sandra Myers of Middle River, Md. | Assistant Director, Student Finance
Mr. Edward Roberts of Glen Burnie, Md. | Coordinator, Cyber Security Outreach and Recruitment
Dr. Monica Walker of Owings Mills, Md. | Dean, Developmental Education and Special Academic Programs
About the Community College of Baltimore County (www.ccbcmd.edu)
CCBC offers hundreds of programs and thousands of courses helping people of all ages, backgrounds and interests earn degrees, transfer, launch or advance careers, and prepare for in-demand jobs.
Providing accessible, affordable and high-quality education since 1957, CCBC educates more than 70,000 students each year, including half of all Baltimore County residents attending college in Maryland as undergraduates. Committed to student success and the development of lifelong learners who strengthen our regional workforce and enrich our community, CCBC has also been selected to participate in Achieving the Dream, a national student success initiative. In 2011, the Chronicle of Education honored CCBC as one of only 26 community colleges across the nation named “Great Colleges to Work For.”
CCBC is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
CCBC. The incredible value of education.