Student Loan Entrance CounselingEntrance counseling is an online process designed to help students understand their responsibilities and obligations when borrowing educational loan(s).
It is a federal requirement for all first-time student loan borrowers. This process requires the borrower's Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID and password. For assistance with applying for a new FSA ID, or on password retrieval, visit Federal Student Aid.
InstructionsMost students complete entrance counseling in 20-30 minutes.
- Go the FSA Entrance Counseling login.
- Click on the Log In button.
- Enter your FSA ID Username and password and login.
- Accept the disclaimer.
- Click on Start.
- Find box named select School to Notify.
- Select Maryland under Choose a State.
- Select COMM COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (this will show the Catonsville address, however, this includes all CCBC locations) under Search school by name.
- Select Notify this School.
- Select I am completing entrance counseling to receive Direct Loans as an undergraduate student.
- Click Continue.
- Read and complete each section of the entrance counseling session.
Please note: CCBC will receive notification of your entrance counseling and SIMON will be updated within 1 week.