• Military student walking around campus

Veterans & Military Personnel

CCBC offers valuable benefits to veterans, active duty personnel and eligible family members. Each campus has a dedicated veterans certifying official to provide one-on-one assistance.

In addition to the general admission procedures, students applying for veterans benefits will need to take some additional steps. 

If you are applying for VA Benefits for the first time:

Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill- Active Duty Educational Assistance Program)
  1. Complete and submit the VA Application for Educational Benefits (Form 22-1990). You may obtain a new VA student packet from the CCBC VA Office or form can be downloaded from the VA website. The application can also be completed online with the VA (keep a copy for your records and send with required documents).
  2. Copy of your DD-214 member copy 4 must be submitted. Submit a copy of the Kicker Contract documentation.
  3. Complete and submit the CCBC Veterans Request for VA Benefits Certification form.
  4. Once registered for classes, submit a copy of the schedule / bill and copies of all academic advising paperwork.
  5. 5. Submit all paperwork to your CCBC VA Office. Attn: VA Certifying Official. Important note: Per VA Regulations submit a copy of your VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the CCBC VA Office.

Learn more about Veterans Benefits for new students »

If you used VA Benefits at another school and are transferring to CCBC:

  1. Complete the request for change of program or place of training form (VA Form 22-1995) to declare a new school and new program. You may obtain a transfer student packet from the CCBC VA office or the form can be downloaded from the VA website. Also submit the DD-214 or NOBE (Notice of basic eligibility).*
  2. Complete the CCBC Veterans Request for VA Benefits Certification form.
  3. If registered for classes, submit a copy of the schedule/bill.
  4. Forward all paperwork to your CCBC VA certifying official.
  5. Submit all official transcripts to the Registrars Office for evaluation of prior credits and or training.
*Survivor and eligible dependent transfer students should complete VA-Form 22-5495 request for change of program or place of training survivors and dependents’ education assistance.

Learn more about transferring VA Benefits to CCBC »

CCBC Veterans recognition graphics