Veterans & Military PersonnelCCBC offers valuable benefits to veterans, active duty personnel and eligible family members. Each campus has a dedicated veterans certifying official to provide one-on-one assistance.
In addition to the general admission procedures, students applying for veterans benefits will need to take some additional steps.
If you are applying for VA education benefits for the first time:
Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI bill- active duty educational assistance program)
- Complete VA Form 22-1990, application for educational benefits. You may obtain a new VA student packet from the CCBC VA office or the form can be downloaded from the VA website. The application can also be completed on line with the VA (keep a copy for your records and send with required documents). Survivors and Dependents should complete VA Form 22-5490.
- Submit a copy of your DD-214 member. Submit a copy of the kicker contract documentation.
- Complete the CCBC veterans request for VA ED benefits certification form. Once registered for classes, submit a copy of the schedule / bill and copies of all Academic Advising paperwork.
- Forward all paperwork to your CCBC VA Office. Attn: VA Certifying Official
If you are a veteran transfer student and have used VA benefits at another school:
- Complete the request for change of program or place of training form (VA Form 22-1995) to declare a new school and new program. You may obtain a transfer student packet from the CCBC VA office or the form can be downloaded from the VA website. Also submit the DD-214 or NOBE (Notice of basic eligibility).*
- Complete the CCBC Veterans Request for VA educational benefits certification form.
- If registered for classes, submit a copy of the schedule/bill.
- Forward all paperwork to your CCBC VA certifying official.
- Submit all official transcripts to the Registrars Office for evaluation of prior credits and or training.
*Survivor and eligible dependent transfer students should complete VA-Form 22-5495 request for change of program or place of training survivors and dependents’ education assistance.