Corrections Professional Certificate, Credit Certificate
The CCBC Corrections Professional Certificate is designed for students who are employed or seeking employment in the field of institutional or community corrections. It focuses on current approaches and trends in the supervision of criminal offenders. All certificate program courses may be applied to the AAS in Criminal Justice Studies. To apply for this certificate, students must obtain permission from the Criminal Justice Studies Department Chair to have the internship prerequisites waived.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- Manage the care, custody and supervision of a diverse offender population in a community or institutional setting
- Apply legal procedures in the security and control of criminal offenders
- Utilize effective verbal and written communication skills in the corrections environment through appropriate documentation, supervision and counseling
- Evaluate the importance of ethical behavior in the corrections profession
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 12*
This certificate can be completed in a single semester. Alternatively, students may choose to take fewer credits over multiple semesters.
The CCBC Corrections Professional Certificate is designed for students who are employed or seeking employment in the field of institutional or community corrections. It focuses on current approaches and trends in the supervision of criminal offenders.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
CCBC Dundalk, Linda Fleischer
443-840-3663 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC Catonsville, Jay Zumbrun
443-840-5726 or email@example.com
CCBC Essex, Melissa Lane
443-840-2009 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Criminal Justice A.A.S. degree program is offered both face to face and fully (100%) online.
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Criminal Justice, see Portfolio, Departmental Exam, and Articulated Credit by Industry/Apprenticeship. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 12 Credits
*This certificate is designed for students with significant educational and work experience. Therefore they typically do not have to take ACDV 101.