General Networking Certificate, Credit Certificate
In this certificate program, students acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become a well-rounded LAN Technician and pass the industry recognized A+, Network+, and Security+ certification exams, all at the same time! Students apply concepts and technologies to install, configure, troubleshoot, integrate, and secure multiple network operating systems, including Windows and Linux/UNIX.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- configure hardware and applications software on personal computers;
- troubleshoot and repair personal computer systems and operating systems;
- understand network infrastructure and protocols; and
- install and configure Linux and Microsoft operating systems.
Total Credits Required for Certificate: 42*
In this certificate program, students acquire the knowledge and skills needed to become a well-rounded LAN Technician and pass the industry recognized A+, Network+, and Security+ certification exams, all at the same time!
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
Department Chair/Program Coordinator:
CCBC Essex, Noell Damron
443-840-2811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The following Network Technology A.A.S. degree concentrations are offered both face to face and fully (100%) online: CISCO, General Networking, Information Technology (IT) Support, Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP), and Red Hat Linux.
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - For Network Technology, see Portfolio, Departmental Exam, and Articulated Credit by Industry/Apprenticeship. Several General Education classes also have PLA opportunities.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 42 Credits
- CSIT 101 - Technology and Information Systems
- CSIT 111 - Logic and OO Design
- DCOM 141 - Introduction to PC Repair and Operation (A+)
- DCOM 142 - Introduction to Linux/UNIX
- DCOM 235 - Comp Sys Oper,Mntc,Trblesht (A+)
- DCOM 101 - Introduction to Data Communications
- DCOM 201 - Windows Professional
- DCOM 202 - Windows Server
- DCOM 258 - Introduction to Information Security (Security+)
- DCOM 251 - Local Area Networks (Network+)
- DCOM 252 - Advanced TCP/IP
Choose 4 credits of technical electives (courses with a CSIT or DCOM prefix).
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College. This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.