Global DistinctionThe Global Distinction Program provides the framework to help students become global citizens, preparing them for academic and professional endeavors in the interconnected and interdependent world of the 21st century.
Program GoalsIn this program, students will have opportunities to:
- Enhance their intercultural skills,
- Network and study with others who share global interests,
- Discover study abroad opportunities,
- Gain access to internships,
- Explore global careers, and
- Finish with an impressive portfolio for transfer.
- An official letter of Global Distinction,
- An acknowledgment on their transcript, and
- Skills to position them to better compete in the increasingly global economy.
EligibilityEligibility requirements for the program are:
- Full or part-time status at CCBC, and
- Good academic standing (not on academic probation)
Program RequirementsTo graduate or transfer with Global Distinction, a student will:
- Complete 15 credits of globally intensive courses (with a grade of C or better), including a 2-semester world language sequence or equivalent;
- Participate in one international/intercultural activity each semester enrolled at CCBC and reflect on each activity in writing;
- Pursue study abroad or an equivalent domestic intercultural experience;
- Compile a portfolio highlighting completed coursework, activities, and study abroad (or equivalent) experience; and
- Complete an exit assessment and other documentation or paperwork required by the Coordinator.