Global Education AdministrationThe Community College of Baltimore County, through a comprehensive and integrated global education program, promotes global citizenship and prepares learners to live and work in an interconnected and diverse world.
CCBC’s global education initiatives aim to:
Empower students, faculty, administrators and staff with global perspectives
- Embrace diversity through internationalizing the curriculum as preparation for careers and life in a global community.
- Facilitate learning and cross-cultural exchange for an increasingly diverse population.
- Develop strategies for increasing participation in world languages and study abroad.
- Provide programs for international exchange and experiential learning.
- Create systematic and systemic professional development.
- Support students enrolled in a globally intensive curriculum.
- Explore avenues for integrating life skills of interpersonal and intercultural significance into the curriculum.
Support internationalization for the internal and external community
- Provide a range of programs and services for international students studying on CCBC campuses and CCBC students who travel abroad for learning and work opportunities.
- Partner across CCBC divisions to develop an atmosphere that fosters growth, tolerance, and improved student learning as part of continuing efforts to increase understanding and cooperation for a better world.
- Develop connections and resources through external partnerships and internal initiatives.
- Establish CCBC as a cultural center in the region.
- Increase international visibility through such activities as library, flag, and world map displays.
Continuously assess to measure progress
- Improve results of student assessment in core competencies and general education related to global perspectives and cultural appreciation.
- Develop additional assessment tools as needed.
- Ensure a continuing evolution of the program.
Oversight for global education at CCBC is provided by CCBC’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and day-to-day administration is provided by the global education steering committee:
- Dallas Dolan, Ph.D., Director of the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning
- Rebekah de Wit, Ph.D., Director of Global Education
- Rachele Lawton, Ph.D., Advisor to Global Education
- Haleh Azimi Harris, Ed.D., Coordinator of Global Professional Programs
- Elena Neunaber, Ph.D., Coordinator of Global Student Programs
Global Education Action BoardThe Global Education Action Board (GEAB) enhances collaboration, communication, and coordination of internal and external global education initiatives. CCBC faculty and staff interested in contributing to global education at CCBC are encouraged to join. GEAB membership includes liaisons or representatives from the academic schools, student services, and other departments across campus. Most members also participate in specialized subcommittees within GEAB:
- Professional and Curricular Programs Subcommittee
- Student Programs Subcommittee
- Global Experiences Subcommittee