Nurse Support/Patient Care TechnicianThis course series prepares students to take the national certification exam for Nursing Support/Patient Care Technician.
Nursing Support/Patient Care Technicians (NST) perform delegated nursing functions that require a higher level of technical ability and skill, including: venipuncture, specimen collection, IV therapy, basic EKG, and advanced CNAs skills. NSTs can work in a hospital setting or urgent care facility.
Students are required to attend a mandatory orientation. Orientations will be offered online starting July 2015. Please see below or contact Program Support personnel for access to online orientation information.
Learn more about the Patient Care Technician program»
Registration process for online orientation:
- New Students: Call CCBC Registration at 443.840.2222 or 443.840.4700 to apply for a CCBC Student Identification (ID) number. Then register for CRN 71758.
Current Students: Using your ID number, register for CRN 71758.
- Go to https://shwa.ccbcmd.edu/ to retrieve your username and create a password.
If you already have a CCBC username and password, skip this step.
- Go to https://ccbcmd-bb.blackboard.com/ to access the online application.
- Enter your username and password.
- Choose the course tab at the top of the page. You will see the nursing orientation course.
- Choose the orientation course and read the instructions on the announcement page.