Nurse Support/Patient Care TechnicianThis course series prepares students to take the national certification exam for Nursing Support/Patient Care Technician.
Nursing Support/Patient Care Technicians (NST) perform delegated nursing functions that require a higher level of technical ability and skill, including: venipuncture, specimen collection, IV therapy, basic EKG, and advanced CNAs skills. NSTs can work in a hospital setting or urgent care facility.
Students are required to attend a mandatory orientation. Orientations will be offered online starting July 2015. Please see below or contact Program Support personnel for access to online orientation information.
Learn more about the Patient Care Technician program »
Orientation Registration Process for the online orientation:
- New Students: Call CCBC Registration at 443-840-2222 or 443-840-4700 to apply for a CCBC Student Identification (ID) number. Also register for CRN 71758. If you are not a new student to CCBC, then you should already have your ID number and you just need to register for CRN 71758.
- Go to https://shwa.ccbcmd.edu/ to retrieve your user name and create a password. If you already have a CCBC user name and password, skip this step.
- Go to https://ccbcmd-bb.blackboard.com/ to access the online application.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click the “Course” tab at the top of the page. You will see the nursing orientation course.
Click on the orientation course and read the instructions on the announcement page.