Nurse Support/Patient Care TechnicianThis course series prepares students to take the national certification exam for Nursing Support/Patient Care Technician.
Nursing Support/Patient Care Technicians (NST) perform delegated nursing functions that require a higher level of technical ability and skill, including: venipuncture, specimen collection, IV therapy, basic EKG, and advanced CNAs skills. NSTs can work in a hospital setting or urgent care facility.
Students are required to attend a mandatory orientation. Orientations will be offered online starting July 2015. Please see below or contact Program Support personnel for access to online orientation information.
Orientation Registration Process for the online orientation:
- New Students: Call CCBC Registration at 443-840-2222 or 443-840-4700 to apply for a CCBC Student Identification (ID) number. Also register for CRN 71758. If you are not a new student to CCBC, then you should already have your ID number and you just need to register for CRN 71758.
- Go to https://shwa.ccbcmd.edu/ to retrieve your user name and create a password. If you already have a CCBC user name and password, skip this step.
- Go to https://ccbcmd-bb.blackboard.com/ to access the online application.
- Enter your User Name and Password.
- Click the “Course” tab at the top of the page. You will see the nursing orientation course.
Click on the orientation course and read the instructions on the announcement page.
Patient Care Technician Courses
AHL 799 PCT Exam Review
Review Patient Care Technician Theory and skills content to prepare for the National Patient Care Technician Certification Exam.
AHL 933 Nursing Orientation for Continuing Education
This course is designed to enable the student to complete orientation for nursing classes in continuing education.
- CNA in good standing with Maryland Board of Nursing
AHL 936 Patient Care Technician Theory and Skills
Review the basic skills learned in CNA courses and learn new advanced CNA skills necessary to become a Patient Care Technician. Skills include wound care, EKG, Venipuncture and IV therapy. Successful completion of this course leads to eligibility to participate in other courses leading to national certification as a Patient Care Technician. Prerequisite: CNA in good standing with MBON.
AHL 937 Patient Care Technician Clinical
Apply what you learned in Patient Care Technician theory class to a clinical setting. Gain experience in the hospital setting by performing a variety of skills learned in the classroom and laboratory. Current CPR card required.