Medical Laboratory TechnologyThe A.A.S. degree program in Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is designed to prepare students to function in the highly complex arena of laboratory medicine.
The Medical Laboratory Technology program at CCBC offers the full range of clinical and didactic experiences for students who wish to practice as MLTs. Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the Board Certification (BOC) exam given by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
The program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) www.naacls.org; 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018-5119; 773.714.8880.
ProgramAssociate of Applied Science
Medical Laboratory Technicians (MLT's) perform:
- Variety of complex medical laboratory tests.
- Develop data on blood, tissues, and other fluids of the human body.
- Use highly computerized and automated equipment.
- Interpret patient results.
- Evaluate quality control tests.
- Maintain equipment in good working order.
Program pass rate & job placement rate
|Year||CCBC-MLT Pass Rate ASCP-BOC Exam (within 1st year)||National Pass Rate ASCP-BOC Exam||% of Graduates Retained After Entering Final Year of the Program||Graduate Job Placement in 1yr. or Continuing Education|