English Department Policies

Accelerated Learning Program

Students who place in ENGL 052 may take an ALP section, which means taking ENGL 052 and ENGL 101 at the same time.

English Course Repeat Policy

Before a student is permitted to register for an English course for a third or subsequent attempt, the student must have the permission of the academic Dean (or his/her designee). If the course is developmental (ENGL 051, ENGL 052), the student's record must be reviewed by a support team, which will make a recommendation to the Dean regarding registration.

Grade Requirements to Move to Another Course

To advance from ENGL 101 to any other English course, students must earn a “C” or better in ENGL 101. (In most cases, if a student wants to transfer his/her CCBC credits, both ENGL 101 and ENGL 102 will be needed.)