PhilosophyCCBC Philosophy students study the greatest thinkers in human history. They learn to question all assumptions and to think objectively in the pursuit of truth, and they explore the history of ideas and how these ideas have shaped the world we live in today.
Philosophy can be defined in many different ways, including the following:
- The love of wisdom (translated from Greek).
- The study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.
- The study of the nature of reality and existence, of what is possible to know, and of right and wrong behavior.
ProgramAssociate of Arts
The CCBC Philosophy Program offers a variety of courses including:
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to World Religions