New CCBC Students (0-24 credits)Getting started in college can be very challenging! Academic advisement is here to help you find everything you need.
Getting ready for your first classes at CCBC
- Establish placement levels in English, reading, and math
- Learn about developmental courses (classes below college level)
- Research your payment options
- Sign up for New Student Orientation
- Go to the CCBC College Catalog to see the classes required for your degree
- View your two-semester plan in DegreeWorks
- Get your myCCBC username, and create your password.
- Register for classes
During your first and second semesters
- Take ACDV 101
- Research careers to decide on a major
- Talk to someone who knows a lot about your major. Get in touch with your program coordinator.
- Find your major and pick your pathway
- Schedule a free tutoring session
- Improve your math study skills
- Work through academic challenges
- Start planning for transfer to a 4-year institution
- Figure out how to fit study time into your busy day
- Research scholarship opportunities and deadlines for future semesters
- Meet with an academic advisor in person to discuss your future plans
- Can’t make it in person? Contact online advising
Have a question? We are here to help! Meet with an advisor »