CCBC Challenge Exams — Credit by ExaminationYou may already have the knowledge required for college credit.
At CCBC, we realize that many arrive to us already having gained college level learning in a subject area and mastered the content of certain courses. CCBC Challenge Examinations are the equivalent to passing a cumulative, end-of-the-term examination or a series of comparable exams. Examinations vary depending on the type of course challenged. Passing them can earn you college credit at CCBC
Challenge Exams @ CCBC help you:
- Save Time - Accelerate your degree program by moving directly into higher-level courses
- Save Money - Avoid the rising cost of higher education
- Move Ahead - Place into the right classes and avoid repeating material that you’ve already learned
- Graduate on Time - Complete your degree program if you’re a few credits shy of graduation
- Consult with the Coordinator of Prior Learning.
- Meet with the appropriate Program Director/Department Chairperson to review examination requirements;
- Complete the Departmental Examination request form and pay the assessment fees (currently 50% of the current in-county tuition rate).
- Schedule your exam.
What is CCBC's Challenge Exam acceptance policy?
- CCBC students may earn up to 15 credits via CCBC Challenge Exam - Credit by Examination.
- Credit will only be awarded and posted on a CCBC transcript for students who are enrolled in and attending CCBC credit courses.
- CCBC students must achieve minimum scores on tests appropriate to their desired courses.
Challenge Exam @ CCBC
|Departmental Examinations||Credits Awarded|
|ACCT 101 Principles of Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 102 Principles of Accounting II||3|
|ACCT 150 Bookkeeping Essentials||3|
|CSIT 130 Comprehensive Word Processing||3|
|CSIT 132 Comprehensive Spreadsheets||3|
|CSIT 134 Comprehensive Databases||3|
|CSIT 140 Using Windows||3|
|CSIT 146 Authoring Web Pages||3|
|CSIT 156 Introduction to SQL using Oracle||3|
|CSIT 220 Visual Basing Programming||4|
CSIT 225 Introduction to C/C++ Programming OR
CSIT 201 Computer Science I for Majors
CSIT 227 Object Oriented Programming using C++ OR
CSIT 202 Computer Science II for Majors
|CSIT 234 Database Concepts||3|
|CMDP 101 Effects of Alcohol/Other Drugs||3|
|CMDP 102 Alcohol/Other Drug Dependency||3|
|CMDP 110 Individual Counseling Techniques||3|
|CMDP 114 Theory and Practice of Group Counseling||3|
|CMDP 124 Delivery of Services||3|
|CMDP 210 Family Counseling||3|
|CMDP 211 Theories of Counseling||3|
|EDTR 120 Growth and Development in Early Childhood||3|
|EDTR 121 Curriculum and Materials in Early Childhood Education||3|
|EMST 105 Emergency Medical Technician Basic||6|
|HIIT 101, Fundamentals of Health Data Management||4|
|HIIT 110, Basic Medical Coding||3|
|HORT 110 Woody Ornamental I||3|
|HORT 210 Woody Ornamental II||3|
|INTR 101 American Sign Language I||3|
|INTR 102 American Sign Language II||3|
|INTR 106 Fingerspelling & Number Use in ASL||2|
|INTR 203 American Sign Language III||3|
|INTR 204 American Sign Language IV||3|
|INTR 206 American Sign Language V||3|
|MUSC 101 Fundamentals of Music||3|
|OFAD 101 Keyboarding for Personal Use||1|
|OFAD 104 Intermediate Keyboarding Applications||3|
|OFAD 107 Introduction to PowerPoint 3||3|
|OFAD 151 Electronic Printing Calculator 1||3|
|OFAD 206 Appl of Electronic Keyboarding 3||3|
|OFAD 215 Records Management Procedures||2|
|OFAD 228 Introduction to Microsoft Word||3|
|OFAD 229 Advanced Microsoft Word||3|
|OFAD 250 Machine Transcription||3|
|OFAD 252 Medical Transcription||3|
1Departmental examinations are available for many CRJU courses.
2 Departmental exams in Math are generally available for classes that do not have CLEP or other standardized testing options. Contact the Mathematics Department on any of the campuses: Catonsville - 443.840.4903; Dundalk - 443.840.3292; Essex - 443.840.1412.
This information is subject to change.