Working through academic challengesWhen faced with academic challenges, here are some strategies that may help:
- Contact your instructor and arrange to meet to discuss your situation.
- Explain the problem briefly. Focus on what you might be able to do to change the situation.
- Arrange for tutoring services
- Speak to an advisor or counselor who can help you assess the source of the challenge, locate assistance, and plan for success.
- Consider auditing or dropping the class, but don’t forget to:
- Check with the Financial Aid Office to see how this may affect your aid status.
- Consult the Academic Calendar for deadlines and penalties.
- If you do decide to drop the course, complete the “Add/Drop” form at the Enrollment Services Center.