President's GreetingDear Colleagues:
I invite each of you to join me in starting off CCBC’s 60th Anniversary year by doing what we at CCBC do best: helping students. On February 13 we will launch our annual CCBC Employee Giving Campaign. Over the past years, the level of employee giving has grown from 260 donors contributing $26,000 in 2006 to 378 donors donating $126,572 in 2016. With such generosity shown by our college community and with the economic stakes still so high for our students, this year’s goal, with an eye towards celebrating 60, will be playfully set at $106,660 mark with a stretch participation goal of 600 donors!
No matter the role we play at the college, if we work at CCBC, each day we commit to helping, nurturing, educating, and mentoring students. The Employee Giving Campaign provides the opportunity to show that support in another way. Thanks to the generosity of many, students who might otherwise have to borrow textbooks or read library copies can purchase their own books. Students without transportation can ride the bus. Students who might drop their courses for lack of funds can have their tuition paid. Our collective gifts have a power that reaches well beyond us as individuals.
Anyone who has had a private parking space for a year or has won a television set from prior Employee Giving Campaigns knows that helping others can bring very tangible rewards. And I always enjoy hosting a special high end Thank You Reception in May for those special “high end” donors who pledge $260 or more.
To celebrate the specialness of our college turning 60, we have added several “60” oriented categories of prizes and incentives:
- First time employee donors who pledge a minimum of $60 or more or anyone who increases his/her annual donation to $60
- Employees who gave between $60 to $150 last year who increase their annual donation to $160
- Employees who contribute to the new Impact Fund
- Employees who donate $260 or more will automatically have a brick inscribed with their name installed on the pathway to the newly renovated Hilton Mansion at the CCBC Catonsville Campus.
- Members of the President’s Club—or those interested in becoming a member of the President’s Club—are asked to give a minimum of $600 for this 60th anniversary year.
So please help us make a uniquely positive difference in the lives of our students again this year by joining CCBC’s 2017 Employee Giving Campaign. Small or large gifts are welcome. Donor information and forms are available on the website. In addition, an enthusiastic group of campus campaign volunteers is ready to answer your questions and help you complete your donation form.
If you contributed to last year’s campaign, the Foundation Office will soon forward a statement to you indicating the fund to which you donated and the amount of your contribution. All 2017 contributions are fully tax deductible in this calendar year.
Dr. Sandra L. Kurtinitis