Dear Prospective Psychiatric Rehabilitation Certificate Student:
The need for more people in the mental health care workforce, as well as the need to professionalize those already in the field, prompted CCBC to develop a certificate in Psychiatric Rehabilitation. In 2009 CCBC's School of Health Professions was awarded a federal President's Community Based-Job Training Grant. As one of the six programs targeted, the Mental Health department developed a 24-credit hour curriculum in response to the growing need for psychiatric rehabilitation services.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Certificate completers are prepared to provide comprehensive services, in varied facilities, to maintain an integrated continuity of care. Some examples of service delivery agencies that practice may occur:
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Centers
Alternative Court Systems
Job Coaching Centers
The Psychiatric Rehabilitation Certificate Program is a general admission program. There are no prerequisites. Students should register for MTNH130 Introduction to Principle of Psychiatric Rehabilitation according to the directions in the CCBC catalog and may wish to speak with an academic advisor for additional clarification.
Certificate completers are also eligible to sit for the nations CRC (Certified Rehabilitation counselor) credential that is provided by the United States Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (USPRA).
Admission to the Psychiatric Rehabilitation certificate program is a separate process from admission to the College. Admission to the School of Health Professions programs is competitive and selective. The link to the CAS and the application instructions are located in the program admissions packet for Mental Health at the School of Health Professions website www.ccbcmd.edu/media/allied_health/mental/admiss.pdf.
Psychiatric Rehabilitation applicants must:
1. Enroll and complete MNTH 130 with a grade of “C” or better;
2. during the semester of MNTH 130 , go to the Mental Health Program admission packet at www.ccbcmd.edu/allied_health/index.html;
3. complete the online application using your CCBC student ID number and pay the $50 application fee;
4. upload additional admissions information, 2 professional reference letters and a one page essay directly to the CAS;
5. schedule an interview with the Mental Health Program Director after receiving correspondence from the SHP Admissions Office to do so; and
6. contact Ms. Luba Lebed for program advisement and general School of Health Professions questions at 443-840-1593.
Thank you for your interest in the CCBC, Psychiatric Rehabilitation Certificate.
Susan Landry, M.S.W., HS-BCP
CCBC Mental Health Program Director