CompTIA Cloud+ Certification Training, Continuing Education Workforce Certificate
The CompTIA® Cloud+ certification training program is designed for individuals who have limited experience in cloud technology. Incorporating visual, auditory, and hands-on learning, the program is aligned with the highly regarded CompTIA® Cloud+ certification. Included are applied learning activities to ensure students gain a working knowledge of the concepts taught, as well as the ability to implement them in real-life situations.
Upon successful completion of this Continuing Education Workforce Certificate, students will be able to:
1. prepare to pass the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam;
2. perform the various responsibilities and tasks required for a cloud support technician;
3. implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity;
4. assess and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments;
5. diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance; and
6. deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments.
Technology and Engineering Pathway - Pathways are designed to help you meet your academic and career goals by aligning related courses and programs. Pathway students participate in a variety of activities that help explore career opportunities in their field of study. You can meet with a CCBC advisor who help align — or realign — your educational plan with the Pathway that best supports you and your goals
Students will be awarded a Continuing Education Workforce Certificate and will have access to a Continuing Education academic record (transcript).
Students will be prepared to sit for the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam.
Certifying organization: CompTIA; https://certification.comptia.org/
Financial Aid and Payment Options
We offer financial aid by packaging public and private funding options to those who qualify, in select Continuing Education courses and programs. Additional opportunities for financial support include partial payment options through Nelnet Business Solutions and tuition waivers for those who qualify. Resources outside of CCBC may also be available through employer/sponsor paid tuition, the Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS), and your local office of workforce development.
CompTIA™ A+ and CompTIA™ Network+ certifications, or comparable training, or equivalent industry experience is strongly recommended prior to taking this course.
- PC - Windows 8 or later / Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser - Latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.
To apply, go to www.ccbcmd.edu/apply and complete the CCBC Continuing Education Workforce Certificate program application. An email will then be sent with program information and any additional requirements necessary to apply for the program.
Open Entry – No screening or documentation required.
Prior Learning Assessment
This program has no options for obtaining course waiver(s) for prior learning.
Program Course Sequence
(approximate cost; subject to change)
CompTIA Cloud + Certification Training
|Instructional materials are included in course costs.||
CompTIA Cloud+ exam - $348.
Skills for Success:
Since this course is delivered completely online, students will need to have the self-discipline to complete all required material on their own. A course instructor will be available to assist students with questions and to lead online activities during the course of the class.
Cloud computing specialist, cloud support technician, cloud consultant, or cloud support associate.
Research your career interests, explore live job postings, take a career assessment, discover which companies in the Baltimore region are hiring, and more. View a brief tutorial video on how to use Career Coach at https://youtu.be/C7KpznbPYfA. Explore career and training opportunities at https://ccbcmd.emsicc.com/.