Yoga Instructors / Practitioners, Continuing Education Workforce Certificate
Yoga Teacher Training Certification provides instruction to students in the art and science of Yoga to become an RYT200 certified yoga instructor. They demonstrate the fundamentals of classical yoga practices and Asana, and Vinyasa (Flow) Yoga techniques, observe participants, make modifications, and explain corrective measures needed for participants to improve their skills and avoid injuries.
This program features courses that will deepen their vinyasa yoga practice, 3-5 practices/week, learn the anatomy of yoga, alignment, and modifications for 40+ postures, and yoga teaching skills including effective cues, hands-on assists, and classroom management.
Students entering this program should have a strong sense of self-discipline, 1 year of yoga experience as a student, assisting, and caring for others, and critical thinking skills.
Yoga Instructors and Yoga Practitioner jobs can be found at several profit and non-profit organizations. Additional career information may be found in Career Coach: https://ccbcmd.emsicc.com/
Upon successful completion of this Continuing Education Workforce Certificate, students will be able to:
- function more effectively as a yoga instructor working with individuals or small groups;
- assist individuals or small groups in modifying yoga postures (asanas) and sequences to make yoga accessible for everyone;
- design practices for individuals and small groups to cultivate discernment, awareness, self-regulation, and higher consciousness through yoga;
- assist individuals to build strength and avoid injury through a series of yoga asanas positions that build flexibility, physical balance, and endurance;
- provide instruction in breathing techniques and meditation to improve health and wellness, increase mental clarity, and reduce stress;
- meet the eligibility requirements to be a certified yoga instructor through Yoga Alliance;
- continue employment as a certified yoga instructor and pursue options to maintain Yoga Alliance RYT200 certification; and
- assume responsibility for continued professional and personal development through lifelong learning/continuing education.