Allied Health, Associate of Applied Science
The Allied Health A.A.S. degree provides an option for stackable credentials permitting upward mobility. The degree permits students who have achieved national certificates in the health fields of surgical technology, sleep technology, pharmacy technician, and medical assisting an avenue to receive both credit for prior learning and an associate's degree with no duplication of prior learning content. Additional course work will be completed in the areas of management, leadership, communications, and customer service. These additional courses prepare graduates for expanded roles in leadership.
Upon successful completion of this program, students will be able to:
- explain professionalism and adherence to ethical and legal standards in the health care environment;
- demonstrate critical thinking skills in relation to prioritizing, analyzing, and resolving issues in health care;
- evaluate leadership and management skills in the health care environment;
- explain techniques to effectively lead a team;
- communicate effectively with patients, significant others, and members of the interprofessional health care team; and
- demonstrate customer service skills with cultural sensitivity.