Mobile Development Certificate, Credit Certificate
With the Mobile Development Certificate, students will be highly marketable in the ever growing business of mobile application development. The certificate will provide dual entry into the Mobile technology industry by preparing students for both Android and iOS development.
Upon graduating with a Mobile Development Certificate, students will be able to:
- demonstrate the following core competencies: create applications for Android, iOS, WinPhone and PhoneGap using specialized development environments.
- develop applications for the iOS platform and work through the progression of skills development from installing developer tools, registering devices with Apple, and submitting an application to the App Store.
- develop applications for the Android platform utilizing the Android Software Development Kit (SDK), Android Virtual Device (AVD) and Eclipse to create mobile applications. Will also test, debug, and deploy applications.
- develop applications that include comprehensive, up-to-date best practices that strengthens code security, will resist attack and prevent information loss throughout the entire development lifecycle.
Total Number of Credits Required for Certificate: 16*
This is a suggested full-time schedule for a student who has completed any developmental course work and has no transfer credits.
This certificate program will facilitate dual entry in the ever growing business of mobile application development, by preparing students for both Android and iOS development.
Type of Credential
Contacts and Additional Information
443-840-1957 or firstname.lastname@example.org
CCBC Catonsville, Fred Bartlett Jr.
443-840-4193 or email@example.com
CCBC Essex/Dundalk, James Braman
443-840-1727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) - Several General Education classes offer PLA. See Portfolio, Departmental Exam, CLEP, DSST, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate. General education classes are required for associate degrees but not for certificates.
- Articulation and Transfer Agreements
Courses Needed for This Program*
Program Requirements and Electives - 16 Credits
*Credit students who are new to college (no successfully completed transferable college credits from other institutions) are required to take ACDV 101 - Academic Development: Transitioning to College. This 1-credit course is designed to be taken in the first semester at CCBC. Students must provide an official transcript(s) from an accredited institution to document successful completion of college coursework for the ACDV 101 requirement to be waived.