Photography and Imaging Certificate, Credit Certificate
The Photography and Imaging certificate prepares students for positions in commercial photography studios, in-house imaging departments, portrait/event studios, industrial photography departments, digital imaging labs, photojournalism, and multimedia production companies.
See the coordinator for advisement and schedule planning.
Upon successful completion of this certificate, students will be able to:
- identify and describe camera types and their respective uses;
- produce high quality color and black and white digital/photographic prints;
- operate digital image capture devices;
- use digital image editing software/hardware for both retouching and creative effect;
- apply color theory principles to photographic processes;
- create professional portraits and product illustrations;
- use professional studio lighting equipment; and
- develop and present a creative professional portfolio.