Global Education AdministrationThrough a comprehensive and integrated global education program, we prepare learners to live and work in today's vastly interconnected and diverse world. We strive to engage students, faculty, and staff in timely, relevant, and practical global learning both on and off campus — and around the world.
CCBC’s global education initiatives aim to:
Empower students, faculty, administrators and staff with global perspectives
- Embrace diversity through internationalizing the curriculum as preparation for careers and life in a global community.
- Facilitate learning and cross-cultural exchange for an increasingly diverse population.
- Develop strategies for increasing participation in world languages and study abroad/study away.
- Provide programs for international experiential learning.
- Create practical and impactful professional development that supports effective instruction and student retention initiatives.
- Support students enrolled in a globally intensive curriculum.
Support internationalization for the internal and external community
- Provide a range of programs and services for international students studying on CCBC campuses and CCBC students who travel within North America and abroad for learning and work opportunities.
- Partner across CCBC divisions to develop an atmosphere that fosters growth, tolerance, and improved student learning as part of continuing efforts to increase understanding and cooperation for a better world.
- Develop connections and resources through external partnerships and internal initiatives.
- Establish CCBC as a cultural center in the region.
- Increase CCBC's international visibility.
Continuously assess to measure progress
- Improve results of student assessment in core competencies and general education related to global perspectives and cultural appreciation.
- Develop additional assessment tools as needed.
- Ensure the program's continued evolution.
Oversight for global education at CCBC is provided by CCBC’s Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and day-to-day administration is provided by the global education steering committee:
- Dallas Dolan, Ph.D., Assistant Dean, Faculty Training & Development
- Rebekah de Wit, Ph.D., Director of Global Education
- Ann MacLellan, Ph.D., Coordinator of Global Student Programs
- Entela Xhane, M.S., Coordinator of Global Professional & Curricular Programs
- Azar Etesamypour-King, Ph.D., Coordinator of Global Education Special Programs
- Melissa Chambers, M.A., Global Education Coordinator
Global Education Action BoardThe Global Education Action Board (GEAB) is a college-wide committee charged with collaboration, communication, and coordination to support internal and external global education initiatives. CCBC faculty and staff members who wish to contribute to global education at CCBC are encouraged to join. GEAB membership includes liaisons or representatives from the academic schools, student services, and other departments across campus.
Members also participate in specialized subcommittees within GEAB:
- Professional and Curricular Programs Subcommittee
- Student Programs Subcommittee
- Global Experiences Subcommittee