English Department Policies

Accelerated Learning Program

Students who place in ACLT 053 may take an ALP section, which means taking ACLT 053 and ENGL 101 at the same time. Learn more»

English Course Repeat Policy

Before a student is permitted to register for an English course for a third or subsequent attempt, the student must have the permission of the academic Dean (or their designee). If the course is developmental (ACLT 052, ACLT 053), the student's record must be reviewed by a support team, which will make a recommendation to the Dean regarding registration.

Grade Requirements to Move to Another Course

To advance from ENGL 101 to any other English course, students must earn a “C” or better in ENGL 101. (In most cases, if a student wants to transfer their CCBC credits, both ENGL 101 and ENGL 102 will be needed.)