Maintaining Your F-1Status for International StudentsYou must follow these federal regulations in order to maintain your legal F-1 status:
1. Have a valid passport at all times, unless you are exempt from passport requirements.
2. Report changes within 10 days
3. Attend the college/university USCIS has authorized you to attend
4. Attend school full-time each semester during the academic year
5. Make satisfactory academic progress
6. Complete your academic program by the ending date listed on item 5 of your I-20
7. Do not workless you have first received authorization from an ISS counselor and USCIS
8. Authorization to travel
9. Complete an official transfer whenever you change educational institutions
10. End of your degree
11. Terminate from CCBC program of study
12. In violation
You should contact an International Student Counselor if you have difficulty meeting any of these requirements. We are committed to help before you have a problem.