CCBC and UMBC Transfer Agreements
About UMBCUMBC is a dynamic public Research 1 (R1) university integrating teaching, research and service to benefit the citizens of Maryland. As an Honors University, the campus offers academically talented students a strong undergraduate liberal arts foundation within an inclusive culture that connects innovative teaching and learning, research across disciplines, and civic engagement. Whatever your passion, at UMBC you’ll find a program that challenges and excites you, and a community that supports you.
UMBC offers over 100 majors and programs spanning the arts, engineering and information technology, humanities, sciences, pre-professional studies and social sciences - and often crosses disciplines in creative ways to create exciting opportunities for research. UMBC’s commitment to innovative teaching, relevant research, and supportive community empowers and inspires inquisitive minds. As a student at UMBC, you will participate in the learning opportunities of a liberal arts college with the creative intensity of a leading research university.
Complete your associate degree at Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) and transfer credits seamlessly to earn your bachelor’s degree at University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC), thanks to the Degrees to Succeed program.
The Transfer Student Alliance (TSA) is a member benefit program for students intending to complete an associate degree at CCBC prior to transferring to UMBC.
|UMBC Benefit||GPA requirement|
Before transfer, students receive:
After transfer, eligible students are guaranteed:
|GPA of a 3.0 or better.
Transfer students from the CCBC Honors Program are guaranteed admissions to The Honors College at UMBC during their first semester at UMBC, provided the student has met the following criteria:
- Applied to UMBC by the published priority deadline.
- Admitted to UMBC as a degree seeking student.
- Applied to the Honors College by the published deadline.
- Confirmation is received by UMBC, prior to matriculation at UMBC, that the student has met the requirements of the CCBC Honors Program.
- Completed a certificate and/or associates degree from CCBC prior to enrollment at UMBC.
- Has earned at least a 3.7 cumulative GPA at the time of the application to The Honors College at UMBC. (Students may be eligible for admission to the Honors College with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or greater, but only students with a 3.7 cumulative GPA or higher are guaranteed admission to the Honors College.)