Registration Steps for StudentsYou can register for classes as soon as registration opens for the next semester. You do not need to wait until the semester ends.
If you receive financial aid, your award will pay only for required courses in your eligible declared major. Check your declared major (Program of Study) in SIMON under the Student Services tab. If your major is correct, you may register for classes. If your major is incorrect:
Change your major in SIMON, or Submit a Change of Information form to the Enrollment Services Center.
Check DegreeWorks for the courses required for your degree or certificate.
If you receive VA Educational Benefits, you must contact the VA Office for ALL change of majors. Failure to do so may affect your VA Educational Benefits.
Before you register for classes, please verify your name and address in SIMON. Read these instructions to change your personal information and update your official college records.
1. Meet with an advisor on your campus to discuss:
- Course selection
- Selecting a major/program of study
- Prerequisites for courses
- Course transferability
- Developmental education courses
- Academic probation
Meet with an advisor today »
2. Successfully complete prerequisites.
- Prior to registration, review your final grades in any pre- or co-requisite courses to make sure they were successfully completed.
- If you were not successful in completing the pre- or co-requisite courses, or if you earn a D grade where a C is required, you will not be able to take the class you selected for next term and you will need to adjust your early registration because you will not be allowed to continue in a course for which you are ineligible.
Course prerequisites are subject to change. Please check the online catalog or see your advisor for a current list of course prerequisites before registration.