Inclement weather plan for Commencement ceremony
- Graduates, faculty and staff should plan to arrive, robe and line up as advised.
- As the grounds and walkways leading to the tent may be impacted by recent and forecast rain, graduates and their guests should plan for safety and dress accordingly.
- Limited seating is available inside the Wellness and Athletic Center and the Romadka College Center (lower level, F. Scott Black Theatre), where guests may choose to view a live video feed of the ceremony. The college will also livestream the Commencement ceremony for guests to view from the comfort of home.
- In the event of severe weather, the ceremony may be stopped and an announcement will be made directing everyone to move promptly to their cars or to one of three buildings: Wellness and Athletics Center, Romadka College Center, OR Arts and Humanities Hall (both of the latter are located on the opposite side of the Wellness and Athletics Center). CCBC Public Safety officers will assist in guiding guests to those locations; however, guests' cars are the preferred shelter locations, as building capacities are limited.
- If the ceremony is stopped and an evacuation of the tent is ordered, we will not return to complete the commencement ceremony. Guests should remain in designated buildings or in their cars until it is safe to leave campus. CCBC Public Safety officers will inform ceremony attendees of severe weather conditions as they develop.
- Please be courteous to guests requiring spaces reserved for wheelchairs. This is especially important in the event of an emergency, in which case CCBC Public Safety officers will direct graduates and guests to safely evacuate the tent.
- Should the ceremony end early due to inclement weather, diplomas will be mailed to students at addresses on file with CCBC.